The Indiana Academy of Ophthalmology would like to invite you to join ophthalmologists from across the state to expand your knowledge, enhance your profession, and develop your professional network. The 2019 Annual Meeting will offer you the opportunity to gain valuable knowledge in an environment that promotes professional networking with your peers. Challenge yourself to make a difference in your profession. Attend the IAO Annual Meeting to obtain the tools to do so!
MEETING DIRECTOR - Ramana Moorthy, M.D., IAO President-Elect
LOCATION - The meeting will be held at the Embassy Suites (13700 Conference Center Drive, South Dr, Noblesville, IN)
CME ACCREDITATION - The Indiana Academy of Ophthalmology, Inc. is accredited by the Indiana State Medical Association (ISMA) to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
The Indiana Academy of Ophthalmology, Inc. designates this live activity for a maximum of 6.5 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™. Physicians should only claim credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
JCAHPO ACCREDITATION - The ophthalmic technician course has been submitted to JCAHPO for consideration CE credit.
DISCLOSURE - All faculty in CME/CEU activities sponsored by the Indiana Academy of Ophthalmology, Inc. (IAO) are expected to disclose to the program audience any real or apparent conflict of interest related to the content of their presentation.
PHYSICIAN COURSE DESCRIPTION - This program has been developed from physician forums, member evaluations and comments in an effort to provide the latest information to IAO members on new diagnostic and surgical procedures in ophthalmology. This meeting of lectures and question and answer sessions will provide information concerning updates in ophthalmic treatments and surgery. In addition, changes in the regulatory and economic environments will be explored. Comprehensive ophthalmologists as well as subspecialists will benefit from attendance.
COURSE OBJECTIVES - At the conclusion of this Symposium, the participants will be able to:
- Identify The Best Treatment Of Diabetic Macular Edema (DME)
- Identify The Best Treatment Of PDR
- Identify The Different Protocols For Treatment Of Neovascular ARMD
- Identify The New Medical And Interventional Therapies Available For The Management Of Dry Eye Disease
- Identify Most Common Causes Of Refractive Surprises After Cataract Surgery
- Describe The Required Work Up Of A Patient With BRAO And With CRAO
- Identify Who Should Be Referred To A Neurologist Or Stroke Center
QUESTIONS - For additional questions, please contact Kim Williams at the IAO office at 317-577-3062.
REGISTRATION: Registration and Exhibits will open at 7:00 am
PRELIMINARY TOPICS AND SPEAKERS
Cornea / External Disease
- Management of Dry Eye in the 21st Century – Clark Springs, M.D.
- Chicken or Egg: Cornea First or Cataract? – Matthew Feng, M.D.
- Case review: Panel Discussion
- MIGS – An Overview – Hemang Patel, M.D.
- MIGS Pro & Con: Elizabeth Martin, M.D. & Michael Hopen, M.D.
- Case review: Panel Discussion
- Keynote Speaker: Surgical Retina Cases and Pearls for the Comprehensive Ophthalmologist – Chris Riemann, M.D.
- IAO Annual Business Meeting
- Indiana Legislative Update - Sen. Linda Rogers
- Update from the AAO Councilor - Andrew Tharp, M.D.
- ISMA - Medical Practice Consortium – Ramana Moorthy, M.D. & Francis Price, Jr., M.D.
- IAO/PAC Update - Kim Williams, IAO Executive Director
- Management of Diabetic Retinopathy with intravitreal anti-VEGF therapy
- Pro : Frank Hrisomalos, M.D.
- Con : Mark Kaehr, M.D.
- Case Review and Panel Discussion
- Acute Neurologic Management of BRAO and CRAO : What should an ophthalmologist do? : Jeff Hilburn, M.D.
- Successfully Integrating an Optometrist to Create a Collaborative Care Team – Jill Maher, MA, COE, Maher Medical Consulting
- Glaucoma Update – Jeffrey Hudson, M.D.
- Common Topics in a Comprehensive Ophthalmology Office – Jennifer Eikenberry, M.D.
- Practice Flow and Efficiency - Jill Maher
- Case Studies – Jeffrey Hudson, M.D.
- Ocular Trauma- Andrew Tharp, M.D.
- Ophthalmic Diagnostics and Imaging – CJ Areephanthu, M.D. & Ashley Neiweem, M.D.
- Peds Update - David Wallace, M.D.
PHYSICAL ASSISTANCE/DIETARY REQUIREMENTS - Those attendees who need additional assistance should contact the IAO Office at 317-577-3062 so that appropriate arrangements can be made.
Refund policy: All cancellations must be emailed to Kim Williams at email@example.com. Call in cancellations will not be accepted. Cancellations received less than 10 business days prior to seminar date will be refunded attendance fee less an $85 processing fee. However, no refunds will be made for cancellations received 5 business days or fewer prior to the seminar date. No shows and late cancellations will be mailed the seminar materials and billed the full amount of the seminar. Substitutions are allowed at any time.
Overnight Rooms - Click here for the link - $159
Vendor Meeting Prospectus